Are you a budding content writer? Do you want to understand the intricacies of this industry? Are you planning to expand your knowledge regarding content writing? If yes, then this blog is definitely meant for you.
A professional content writer needs to have in-depth knowledge of writing style. He/she should have a robust vocabulary using which one can write phenomenal content. And this is possible only when you invest your time in reading relevant books.
The more you read books, the better your writing gets with time. There are so many books available out there in the market which prove to be of great benefit to content writers. These books are not just dedicated to linguistic and grammatical development but also impart knowledge about marketing tips and hacks, self-branding, time management, and so much more. It is, therefore, necessary that you make it a point to read a book for at least 15 minutes every day.
Below given are 5 value-packed books which every content writer should read.
- Everybody Writes by Ann Handley: Want to know the A to Z of content writing? Then this has got to be your first preference. Handley has explained all the technicalities of content writing such as publishing concerns, grammar essentials, writing for social media etc. You will also get to learn a lot about productivity tools and their efficient usage, copywriting basics and so on.
- Mobile Usability by Neilsen and Budiu: Smartphones and mobiles are easily accessible to everyone. Hence, more and more users consume content on smartphones. Being a professional content writer, you need to know how to make your content relevant for mobile consumption. If you are a website content writer, this book can change your entire perspective of writing for your mobile audience.
- Letting Go of the Words by Ginny Redish: This is more like a gift from Redish to the entire content writing community. The book serves as a detailed user manual for all those content writers who specialise in writing website copies. The most awe-inspiring and value-packed section of the book is “Organise and Break Up Content.” Do try this book if you wish to come up with eye-ball grabbing web copies.
- Content Strategy for the Web by Rach and Halvorson: For all the freelance content writers, this book is nothing less than a value-bomb. It guides you about the potentials and pitfalls of the industry. The book serves as an elaborate guide towards developing your content writing business. If you are bad at forming content strategy, then this book is a must read. It will help you not just in creating a content strategy for your own brand, but you can also help your clients with your knowledge.
- Made to Stick by Heath Brothers: Looking for effective and memorable content writing tips? Then this can be your ultimate content writing guide You will love the way they have demonstrated each and every tip using facts and anecdotes.
Reading is one of the best habits when it comes to excelling in professional content writing. Being a bibliophile and reading the right books can take your content writing expertise to the next level. Next time you visit your favourite book store or a book fair, make sure you grab all these five books. Enhance your knowledge and flaunt your expertise through your content.